Project Manager Wind Project Development Department
Place of work: Szczecin, Poland
Vortex Energy is a 100% subsidiary of Vitol, and is a leading renewable energy company in Poland. To date, it has delivered over 400 MW of operational renewable generation capacity in wind and solar and has a development pipeline of over 3 GW. Vitol will initiate construction of over 120 MW of PV solar and onshore wind projects in the next 12 months and plans to deploy $1 bn of capital over the next 5 years into renewables in Poland and expand the business into the wider region.
This is Vitol’s first major investment in renewable power in Europe and is aligned with its strategy of investing in the energy transition and growing its sustainable business activities. It is expected that Vortex will grow to become Vitol’s renewable energy investment platform in Central Eastern and South Europe.
Overview of Vitol
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum: from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 7 million barrels per day of crude oil and products, and charters around 6,650 ship voyages every year.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial and chemical companies and the world’s largest airlines. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage across seven continents, 480kbpd of refining capacity and more than 6,500 service stations across Africa, Australia, Asia, Brazil and Europe. Vitol has committed $1.5bn to renewable investments over the last number of months and has 1,200 MW in operation across US and Asia. Revenues in 2021 was in excess of $279bn. For more information please visit: www.vitol.com
Our people are our business. It is our people’s expertise, innovation, drive and relationships that develop and grow our business. Talent is precious to us and we create an environment in which we believe individuals can reach their full potential, unfettered by hierarchy.
Vortex has a flat, meritocratic organisational structure, which encourages an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, with everyone primarily focused on delivering results, and delivering them efficiently and safely while maintaining strong and talent enabling team culture.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Project responsibility, including managing thewind project development process with support from other departments (land acquisition, grid, commercial and construction teams);
- Managing the budget, quality, risks and resources required for project implementation;
- Preparing and submitting documents and conducting administrative proceedings to obtain the required environmental decisions, zoning approvals (where required), grid connection connections/agreements and permits necessary for the implementation of wind farm projects (with the help of planners, electrical engineers, designers and external consultants where necessary);
- Coordination and cooperation with external advisors (e.g. for environmental monitoring, wind speed measurement or building designs);
- Meeting with the local stakeholders (municipalities, landowners) with the help of the field department, with the aim of building local support for Vortex’s wind projects;
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with all parties involved in the projects.
Qualifications and experience:
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in the onshore wind industry;
- Ability to manage projects and supervise their proper implementation;
- Higher education (preferred fields of study: renewable energy sources, environmental protection, construction, environmental engineering, electrical engineering, surveying, land management or related);
- Ability to assimilate new knowledge in different fields (technical issues, legislation);
- Independence, commitment, ability to work in a team, creativity, communication skills;
- English language skills;
- Driving licence for category B. and willingness to travel.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Great attention to detail;
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Highly motivated and able to flourish in a high-commitment environment – we are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Humility: Humble, down-to-earth and eager to learn;
- Enthusiastic and willing to contribute wherever it is needed;
- Results oriented, disciplined, able to synthesize detailed information;
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity;
- First-class communicator.
What we offer:
- Employment based on an employment contract in a company with a stable market position
- Support during the implementation phase
- The prospect of professional development and the opportunity to gain experience within the structure of our organisation
- Task-based working mode
- Participation in industry conferences, internal and external training
- Participation in sports and charity events
- Luxmed medical package
- Free foreign language tuition
- Attractive remuneration package including annual bonus scheme.
Apply for this role: email@example.com