Place of work: Poland
Vortex Energy is a 100% subsidiary of Vitol, and is a leading renewable energy company in Poland. To date, it has delivered over 400 MW of operational renewable generation capacity in wind and solar and has a development pipeline of over 3 GW. Vitol will initiate construction of over 120 MW of PV solar and onshore wind projects in the next 12 months and plans to deploy $1 bn of capital over the next 5 years into renewables in Poland and expand the business into the wider region.
Overview of Vitol
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum: from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 7 million barrels per day of crude oil and products, and charters around 6,650 ship voyages every year.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial and chemical companies and the world’s largest airlines. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage across seven continents, 480kbpd of refining capacity and more than 6,500 service stations across Africa, Australia, Asia, Brazil and Europe. Vitol has committed $1.5bn to renewable investments over the last number of months and has 1,200 MW in operation across US and Asia. Revenues in 2021 was in excess of $279bn. For more information please visit: www.vitol.com
Our people are our business. It is our people’s expertise, innovation, drive and relationships that develop and grow our business. Talent is precious to us and we create an environment in which we believe individuals can reach their full potential, unfettered by hierarchy.
Vortex has a flat, meritocratic organisational structure, which encourages an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, with everyone primarily focused on delivering results, and delivering them efficiently and safely while maintaining strong and talent enabling team culture.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Tendering and contract negotiations with all suppliers, contractors and subcontractors;
- Contracts including: Turbine Supply Agreement, Full Service Agreement, EPC, BoP (electrical and civil), General Contractor;
- Procure the necessary insurances Third Party Liability (TPL), Marine Cargo (MC) needed during the construction and operations phases;
- Managing procurement of components part of a wind farm such as: wind turbines, electrical infrastructure, modules, inverters, Substations and similar, as well as the related additional services such as mounting structures, cables, constructions services required to complete a project;
- Sourcing new suppliers for future projects;
- Establishing Framework Agreements with key suppliers for repetitive procurement;
- Maintaining good relationships with contractors and suppliers;
- Prepare Company procurement procedures for communication to construction, development and operations;
- Establish Vortex key contracting principles and develop/maintain project-finance level contract templates;
- Key contract experience and commercial acumen (strong knowledge of e.g. MEAT – Most Economically Advantageous Tender) criteria, contract Price against milestones and deliverables, rely-Upon information should be confirmed by the contractor, liquidated damages for delay and performance, defects rectification and serial defects, performance bonds, Subcontractor provisions, EHS standards, Anti-Corruption standards, detailed interface requirements, termination and dispute resolution, etc.).
Qualifications and experience:
- Ideally 5 years in renewables;
- 15 years tendering/negotiating construction contracts (ideally with TSA experience);
- Background: legal, technical or commercial;
- CIPS qualifications a benefit.
- Strong technical and analytical skills;
- Great attention to detail;
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Highly motivated and able to flourish in a high-commitment environment – we are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Humility: Humble, down-to-earth and eager to learn;
- Enthusiastic and willing to contribute wherever it is needed;
- Results oriented, disciplined, able to synthesize detailed information;
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity;
- First-class communicator.
What we offer:
- Attractive remuneration package including annual bonus scheme
- Employment based on an employment contract in a company with a stable market position
- Support during the implementation phase
- The prospect of professional development and the opportunity to gain experience within the structure of our organisation
- Task-based working mode
- Participation in industry conferences, internal and external training
- Participation in sports and charity events
- Luxmed medical package
- Free foreign language tuition
Apply for this role: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com