Land Acquisition Specialist
Place of work: whole Poland (with focus on south-east and central Poland)
Vortex Energy is a 100% subsidiary of Vitol, and is a leading renewable energy company in Poland. To date, it has delivered over 457 MW of operational renewable generation capacity in wind and solar and has a development pipeline of over 3 GW. Vitol will initiate construction of over 157 MW of PV solar and onshore wind projects and plans to deploy $1 bn of capital over the next 5 years into renewables in Poland and expand the business into the wider region.
This is Vitol’s first major investment in renewable power in Europe and is aligned with its strategy of investing in the energy transition and growing its sustainable business activities. It is expected that Vortex will grow to become Vitol’s renewable energy investment platform in Central Eastern and South Europe.
Overview of Vitol
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum: from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 7 million barrels per day of crude oil and products, and charters around 6,650 ship voyages every year.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial and chemical companies and the world’s largest airlines. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage across seven continents, 480kbpd of refining capacity and more than 6,500 service stations across Africa, Australia, Asia, Brazil and Europe. Vitol has committed $1.5bn to renewable investments over the last number of months and has 1,200 MW in operation across US and Asia. Revenues in 2022 was in excess of $500bn. For more information please visit: www.vitol.com
Our people are our business. It is our people’s expertise, innovation, drive and relationships that develop and grow our business. Talent is precious to us and we create an environment in which we believe individuals can reach their full potential, unfettered by hierarchy.
Vortex has a flat, meritocratic organisational structure, which encourages an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, with everyone primarily focused on delivering results, and delivering them efficiently and safely while maintaining strong and talent enabling team culture.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Negotiating terms and agreements for land rights for onshore wind, solar PV and battery storage investments.
- Creating photographic documentation of project sites.
- Providing support for and proactively engage in close collaboration with other departments (grid, solar and wind development teams including planners and project managers).
- Maintaining positive relationships with landowners.
- Maintaining contact and positive relationships with local municipalities and other administrative departments.
- Representing the company in public ceremonies and events and participating in public meetings and discussions.
- Participating in symposiums, trade shows and industry events to gather information about the renewable energy/battery storage industry and build/maintain professional network. Improving skills and expanding knowledge through active participation in training courses funded by Vortex
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience in the renewable energy industry in a similar role.
- Experience in sales / direct work with customers.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office package.
- Availability and flexibility – the work is mainly mobile with significant travel in Poland.
- Driving license cat B.
- Experience in public speaking will be an advantage.
- Communicative knowledge of English and/or German will be an added advantage.
What we offer
- Employment based on an employment contract in a company with a stable market position;
- The necessary tools for the job (company car, telephone, computer);
- Task-based working mode;
- Support during the implementation phase;
- The prospect of professional development and the opportunity to gain experience within the structure of our organization;
- Task-based working mode;
- Participation in industry conferences, internal and external training;
- Participation in sports and charity events;
- Luxmed medical package;
- Sports cards;
- Free foreign language tuition;
- Attractive remuneration package including annual bonus scheme.
Please share your CV with Aneta Carter: email@example.com