HSE/ ESG Manager Renewables
Place of work: Szczecin, Poland
Vortex Energy is a 100% subsidiary of Vitol, and is a leading renewable energy company in Poland. To date, it has delivered over 457 MW of operational renewable generation capacity in wind and solar and has a development pipeline of over 3 GW. Vitol will initiate construction of over 157 MW of PV solar and onshore wind projects and plans to deploy $1 bn of capital over the next 5 years into renewables in Poland and expand the business into the wider region.
This is Vitol’s first major investment in renewable power in Europe and is aligned with its strategy of investing in the energy transition and growing its sustainable business activities. It is expected that Vortex will grow to become Vitol’s renewable energy investment platform in Central Eastern and South Europe.
Overview of Vitol
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum: from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 7 million barrels per day of crude oil and products, and charters around 6,650 ship voyages every year.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial and chemical companies and the world’s largest airlines. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage across seven continents, 480kbpd of refining capacity and more than 6,500 service stations across Africa, Australia, Asia, Brazil and Europe. Vitol has committed $1.5bn to renewable investments over the last number of months and has 1,200 MW in operation across US and Asia. Revenues in 2022 was in excess of $500bn. For more information please visit: www.vitol.com
Our people are our business. It is our people’s expertise, innovation, drive and relationships that develop and grow our business. Talent is precious to us and we create an environment in which we believe individuals can reach their full potential, unfettered by hierarchy.
Vortex has a flat, meritocratic organisational structure, which encourages an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, with everyone primarily focused on delivering results, and delivering them efficiently and safely while maintaining strong and talent enabling team culture.
You will be responsible for all Environmental, Social and Governance matters, including managing health, safety, security, environment, human rights and communities themes and liaising with senior management towards projects/assets under development, construction and operational phase. You will ensure that Vortex assets are managed and operated in line with Vitol’s standards, driving ESG performance continuous improvement, creating shared value for all stakeholders, creating and implementing ESG processes and procedures, as well as organizational and audit responsibilities under the ESG scope.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensure full regulatory compliance in terms of HSE and liaise with regulatory authorities, experts, customers, certification bodies and other organizations;
- Develop and implement the ESG governance system that applies to Vortex activities;
- Advise the Board, technical and managerial staff and employees on the practical implementation of safe practices, aligned with regulatory requirements;
- Plan and conduct internal and external HSE audits;
- Guarantee that all preventive and corrective actions are implemented timely, as part of a continuous improvement process based on key performance indicators;
- Investigate incidents, complaints and hazards through root cause and trend analysis, defining and adopting suitable preventive and corrective actions;
- Plan and deliver suitable HSE training for management, employees and contractors;
- Report ESG KPI’s in accordance with Vitol Group standards;
- Develop and drive an enhancing HSE mindset and safety-oriented work culture;
- Integrate ESG as part of Vortex business model and provide inputs into relevant projects and business strategy;
- Ensure that Vortex’s contractors operate in full alignment with applicable ESG regulation and with Vortex HSE requirements.
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge of EU and national HSE and environmental legislation;
- Higher education in the field of environmental protection, occupational health and safety, sustainable development or related;
- Experience in the area of non-financial reporting;
- Construction and/or energy sector experience is strongly preferred;
- Full proficiency communicating in English in a business context (verbally & in writing).
- Independent, analytical and solution-oriented approach to work;
- Able to adapt to and manage changing priorities;
- Great attention to detail with strong strategic and business growth oriented mindset;
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Humility: humble, down-to-earth and eager to learn;
- Enthusiastic and willing to contribute wherever it is needed;
- Results oriented, disciplined, able to synthesize detailed information;
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity;
- First-class communicator.
What we offer
- Employment based on an employment contract in a company with a stable market position;
- Support during the implementation phase;
- The prospect of professional development and the opportunity to gain experience within the structure of our organization;
- Task-based working mode;
- Participation in industry conferences, internal and external training;
- Participation in sports and charity events;
- Luxmed medical package;
- Multisport cards;
- Free foreign language tuition;
- Attractive remuneration package including annual bonus scheme.
Please share your CV with Aneta Carter: firstname.lastname@example.org