Grid Manager (Wind / Solar)
Place of work: Poland
Vortex Energy is a 100% subsidiary of Vitol, and is a leading renewable energy company in Poland. To date, it has delivered over 400 MW of operational renewable generation capacity in wind and solar and has a development pipeline of over 3 GW. Vitol will initiate construction of over 120 MW of PV solar and onshore wind projects in the next 12 months and plans to deploy $1 bn of capital over the next 5 years into renewables in Poland and expand the business into the wider region.
Overview of Vitol
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum: from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 7 million barrels per day of crude oil and products, and charters around 6,650 ship voyages every year.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial and chemical companies and the world’s largest airlines. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage across seven continents, 480kbpd of refining capacity and more than 6,500 service stations across Africa, Australia, Asia, Brazil and Europe. Vitol has committed $1.5bn to renewable investments over the last number of months and has 1,200 MW in operation across US and Asia. Revenues in 2021 was in excess of $279bn. For more information please visit: www.vitol.com
Our people are our business. It is our people’s expertise, innovation, drive and relationships that develop and grow our business. Talent is precious to us and we create an environment in which we believe individuals can reach their full potential, unfettered by hierarchy.
Vortex has a flat, meritocratic organisational structure, which encourages an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, with everyone primarily focused on delivering results, and delivering them efficiently and safely while maintaining strong and talent enabling team culture.
You will be responsible for providing expertise and leadership on all Vortex grid-related topics during (1) development, (2) RTB and (3) construction.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Support development departments (Wind and PV) with technical expertise during the early stages of projects;
- Analyse the options to connect PV and wind farms to the HV, MV and LV networks;
- Advise on the relative likelihood of securing the grid in particular locations;
- Develop process for optimising grid applications (e.g. process/methodology review/improvement to increase success rate);
- Leading on the preparation and submission of applications for grid connection conditions;
- Verification of the content and conclusion of connection conditions and agreements;
- Review of rejected grid connection applications to identify opportunities for potential success;
- Leading on amendments and annexes needed on grid connection agreements;
- Coordination of the implementation processes for grid connection agreements;
- Negotiate agreements with the grid operators regarding connections and operation of the electricity networks;
- Aadvise on future-proofing grid applications so Vortex is not constrained on technology performance;
- Build and maintain long-term contact and good relations with the grid network operators;
- Coordinate with and manage third party technical advisors on grid issues.
- Advice on technical solutions for wind and photovoltaic power equipment and grids;
- Analyse and prepare technical documentation for substations, equipment and LV, MV and 110 kV power grids for wind and PV projects;
- Analyse and advise on the technical documentation of the equipment being considered by the procurement and construction team with regard to compliance with the connection conditions;
- Secure connection point agreement with the grid operator in the quickest manner;
- Lead on the efficient changes to grid agreements (e.g. changes of equipment, acceleration of grid operator scope of works);
- Secure timely acceptance of requests to change terms in grid connection agreements.
- Be the main point of contact with the grid operator to monitor the progress of their works, ensuring it aligns with the Vortex scope of work;
- Manage the process to sign distribution agreements (Vortex scope of work);
- Manage communication with the grid operator for the needs of all parties (e.g. Vortex and all contractors) to reach takeover with grid operator (according to the EPC/BOP on the part of the contractor), including:
- agreement of execution documentation
- agreement of the NCRfG testing program and scope (Grid code tests)
- agreement of the IWR (Instruction for Operational Cooperation)
- agreement of PPPN (First Time Voltage Program)
- appointment of an acceptance committee
- obtaining EON, ION, FON documents.
Qualifications and experience:
- Higher technical education with a specialization in electrical engineering or electrical power systems;
- Experience in position of a similar nature – min. 5 years;
- A good understanding of the RES market and DSOs;
- Ability to establish and maintain direct contacts with DSOs and TSO;
- Technical knowledge in the field of energy;
- Knowledge of AutoCad software;
- Ability to work under pressure, organize own workload and take initiative to find solutions to problems;
- Availability and punctuality
- Knowledge of English or German is welcome.
- Strong technical and analytical skills;
- Great attention to detail;
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Highly motivated and able to flourish in a high-commitment environment – we are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Humility: Humble, down-to-earth and eager to learn;
- Enthusiastic and willing to contribute wherever it is needed;
- Results oriented, disciplined, able to synthesize detailed information;
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity;
- First-class communicator.
What we offer:
- Attractive remuneration package including annual bonus scheme
- Employment based on an employment contract in a company with a stable market position
- Support during the implementation phase
- The prospect of professional development and the opportunity to gain experience within the structure of our organisation
- Task-based working mode
- Participation in industry conferences, internal and external training
- Participation in sports and charity events
- Luxmed medical package
- Free foreign language tuition
Apply for this role: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com