Construction Project Manager
Place of work: Poland
Vortex Energy is a 100% subsidiary of Vitol, and is a leading renewable energy company in Poland. To date, it has delivered over 400 MW of operational renewable generation capacity in wind and solar and has a development pipeline of over 3 GW. Vitol will initiate construction of over 120 MW of PV solar and onshore wind projects in the next 12 months and plans to deploy $1 bn of capital over the next 5 years into renewables in Poland and expand the business into the wider region.
This is Vitol’s first major investment in renewable power in Europe and is aligned with its strategy of investing in the energy transition and growing its sustainable business activities. It is expected that Vortex will grow to become Vitol’s renewable energy investment platform in Central Eastern and South Europe.
Overview of Vitol
Vitol is a leader in the energy sector with a presence across the spectrum: from oil through to power, renewables and carbon. It trades 7 million barrels per day of crude oil and products, and charters around 6,650 ship voyages every year.
Vitol’s clients include national oil companies, multinationals, leading industrial and chemical companies and the world’s largest airlines. Founded in Rotterdam in 1966, today Vitol serves clients from some 40 offices worldwide and is invested in energy assets globally including: circa 16mm3 of storage across seven continents, 480kbpd of refining capacity and more than 6,500 service stations across Africa, Australia, Asia, Brazil and Europe. Vitol has committed $1.5bn to renewable investments over the last number of months and has 1,200 MW in operation across US and Asia. Revenues in 2021 was in excess of $279bn. For more information please visit: www.vitol.com
Our people are our business. It is our people’s expertise, innovation, drive and relationships that develop and grow our business. Talent is precious to us and we create an environment in which we believe individuals can reach their full potential, unfettered by hierarchy.
Vortex has a flat, meritocratic organisational structure, which encourages an entrepreneurial and collaborative approach, with everyone primarily focused on delivering results, and delivering them efficiently and safely while maintaining strong and talent enabling team culture.
You will be working with the Technical Director and Construction Department Director, and will be responsible for coordinating the whole construction process for the wind and solar farms from the Vortex portfolio.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Contract management for photovoltaic and onshore wind power installations in Poland;
- Cooperation with contractors and team members on tender procedures building and maintaining long-term partnerships with contractors;
- Participate in negotiating the terms of construction contracts (e.g. TSA, EPC, BoP, etc.);
- Maintaining high standards of ethics, integrity, and quality of management;
- Identifying and managing risk (e.g. through risk registers);
- Developing and managing integrated construction schedules;
- Primary focus of delivering projects on time, on budget and with zero accidents;
- Project point of contact – both internally and externally;
- Job will be split between office and site;
- Providing mentoring to Junior PMs;
- Driving safety culture at site and within Vortex construction.
Qualifications and experience:
- Ideally, postgraduate degree in electrical engineering;
- Certification to perform independent technical functions on the construction site in the field of power/ electrical engineering;
- 15 years’ experience in construction, 10 years leading as construction project manager (wind power construction would be a strong benefit);
- Self-reliance, independence, and the ability to make decisions;
- Experience in working in an international environment;
- Knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, AutoCad (basic);
- English language: Advanced;
- Category B driver’s license required.
- Strong technical skills
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated and able to flourish in a high-commitment environment – we are looking for a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Humility: Humble, down-to-earth and eager to learn
- Enthusiastic and willing to contribute wherever it is needed
- Results oriented, disciplined, able to synthesize detailed information
- Team player, with an open non-political style and a high level of personal integrity
- First-class communicator
What we offer:
- Attractive remuneration package including annual bonus scheme
- Employment based on an employment contract in a company with a stable market position
- Support during the implementation phase
- The prospect of professional development and the opportunity to gain experience within the structure of our organisation
- Task-based working mode
- Participation in industry conferences, internal and external training
- Participation in sports and charity events
- Luxmed medical package
- Free foreign language tuition
Apply for this role: firstname.lastname@example.org